2014 Fall Registration Now Open!
Dates: September 2 - February 2
Do you want to not only understand pivotal Supreme Court cases, but also build a foundation for evaluating future judicial decisions? Would you like to earn one full high school credit of government in only one semester?
Michael Farris's constitutional law course will help you:
- Understand our nation’s founding documents
- Explore precedent-setting Supreme Court cases
- Master tough legal terms and complex judicial and legislative concepts
- Tackle difficult questions about what the Founding Fathers really intended and what you can do to uphold their vision
- Broaden your understanding of and appreciation for the Constitution of the United States
Each student will receive:
Constitutional Law for Enlightened Citizens textbook by Dr. Farris
NEW! Constitutional Literacy DVD set: In this 25-part series, Dr. Farris walks through the constitutional history and legal theory that are essential to American self-government. A $95 value!
Students participate in secure internet chat sessions hosted by Dr. Farris every one to two weeks. They may also post questions to Dr. Farris at any time using our secure internet forum, which allows all students to see and learn from Dr. Farris’s answers.
The course includes a midterm and final exam with law-school-style essay questions. The exams are intended to test the student’s ability to apply the course material to a fictitious legal scenario. Answers are written in essay format and sent to Dr. Farris to be reviewed, critiqued, and graded.
Tuition (includes textbook and DVD set at more than 30% off retail value):
- HSLDA members: $300
- Non-HSLDA members: $325
For any other questions or to learn about possible family discounts, please call Samuel Johnson (ConLaw Administrator) at 540-338-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.